Welcome to our Farmstay Page! If you’d like to make a reservation, please click here. If you’d just like to check your dates, click here. We update our calendars at least once daily!
If you’re seeking a last minute, same day reservation, please call guest services, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily: 760-468-8583.
We’re excited to welcome guests to our unique farmstay experience! Take classes to make your own fresh butter, hand churned ice cream, canned berry jam, or fresh cheeses. Gather eggs from your own miniature chicken barn (included with the Two Bedroom Bungalow), meet our friendly goats and alpacas, or soak under the stars in your private hot tub (most properties). There’s so much to do in the Fallbrook/Temecula Wine Country area, including hiking the Santa Margarita Reserve, wine tasting, ballooning, golfing, antiquing, strawberry picking and more! We send out our comprehensive area Activity Guide when you make a reservation here so that you can plan your get-a-way ahead of time.
Tucked in the hills of San Diego, our organic subtropical farm is a great centrally located getaway destination. We have four homes on our 20 acre farm to choose from. The first is our one-bedroom, Romantic Farmstay with Hot tub, and is on the first floor of the original farmhouse. This 4-room, one-bedroom suite has it’s own entrance and is completely separate from the main farmhouse. Relax in your own hot tub and enjoy the quiet and amazing view! The second is our two-bedroom Farmstay Bungalow with hot tub. The house is nestled in an old growth avocado grove and has its own miniature chicken barn for gathering your morning eggs.
The third property is our Romantic Mountain House. It’s the original guest house of the farm here, and is perched on a hillside with expansive views. This 3-room small guesthouse has a functional kitchen with an under counter refrigerator/freezer, a Queen size 4 poster bed in the master bedroom and a full sized sofa sleeper. The adjoining patio offers a large hot tub, and a dining table that overlooks the splendid view of the valley below.
The forth and newest offering is our Whimsical Farmstay Escape and is on the first floor of our family farmhouse. Separate entrance and private patio with view. Lovely queen bed and beautiful mosaic work throughout. Accommodates up to three quests with a pull out, full size sleeper.
If you live in the city, you may be surprised at the majestic night sky. Many come here with plans to go into nearby Fallbrook or Temecula for dinner, and end up cancelling their plans to just enjoy the quiet and solitude that our farm offers. Consider saving your money and dining in! Your kitchen is stocked with fresh salad fixings, breakfast items, and staples such as rice, (with rice cooker), sugar, farm fresh rainbow eggs, coffee (both regular and decaf), cream, bottled water and a local red wine.
Meet our herd of Nigerian dairy goats! They’re delighted to meet visitors, and are gentle and friendly. Join us when we tend to them each afternoon between 3:00 and 4:00. Our pair of alpacas have taken up the important duty of guarding our flock of chickens, and will greet you as you enter the farm from the fence line of their enclosure.
Accommodations: choose from one of our four farmstay properties, details and images below. Each is unique. Hosted check in is between 3:00-7:00. If you’d like to arrive after 7:00, we’ll send you self-check in information. Check out is at 11:00. We can usually accommodate an early drop off of your vehicle if you are visiting for a tour or balloon ride that starts before our earliest check-in of 3:00, but please confirm ahead of time to assure a space will be open. We’re a hillside farm, and flat spots are at a premium! Uber/Lyft are usually available for pick up here on the farm, as well as Sergio’s Vintage Pink Cadillac Limo Service. (numbers and more information are included in our reservation confirmation.) We’re walking distance to Roadrunner Winery, and 15 minutes or so to Temecula’s or Fallbrook’s vineyards. We’ll email you our extensive Activities Guide which includes lots of farm and nearby activities, as well as breweries and wineries in the area.
Romantic One Bedroom with Private Hot Tub:
Spacious bedroom with queen bed, large walk-in closet, cozy living room with theatre seating, and beautiful limestone bathroom with all the basics and more, waiting for your arrival. All our farmstay properties are fully air conditioned and heated. Our Romantic Farmstay unit spans the first floor of the original farmhouse. Completely private with a full, albeit small; vintage kitchen off the living room. Our 1952 Chambers stove is a joy to work with. Full size refrigerator stocked with breakfast items, bottled water, snacks and our seasonal organic fruit from our farm. Flat screen TV (no outside TV service) with dvd, a collection of movies, and fast wifi. Coffee maker with our amazing Kodikas coffee, toaster, microwave, popcorn maker, juicer, chopper, rice maker, stew kettle, all waiting for your enjoyment. Hot tub for your private use just steps from your door. Efficient mini-split heating and air conditioning system gives you control of your environment. Parking for up to two vehicles.
Beautiful Two Bedroom Bungalow with Private Hot Tub, Picket-fenced Chicken garden, Outdoor Picnic Area:
Interact to your heart’s content with this unit’s very own chickens eager for your treats and pets. Enjoy the shade sails and conversation area just steps from your back door. Eat in the small kitchen, or outside under the shade and enjoy the view and gentle, subtropical breezes. Full size refrigerator stocked with breakfast items, bottled water, snacks and fresh organic fruit from our farm. Flat screen TV’s in the living room and secondary bedroom. Family-friendly movie collection for your enjoyment. Coffee maker with coffee beans, grinder, toaster, citrus juicer, popcorn maker, food processor, and microwave waiting for your family’s use.
Efficient mini-split heating and air conditioning system gives you control of your environment. Sleeps six maximum, with two in each bedroom and two on the Queen sofa sleeper pullout in the living room.
Note that the smaller, secondary bedroom has a Queen bed, too. Well equipped kitchen, living room, outdoor seating area and your own chicken barn. Bring the kids and tell them they’ll be chicken farmers! Gather eggs in the morning, or have us do it for you. The picket-fenced garden includes housing for your miniature, tame chickens. Feed them your vegetarian dinner scraps to augment their regular diet, if you like.
Washer and dryer unit housed in an adjacent outdoor building for your exclusive use. Parking is right next to the walkway to this two bedroom home. Entry only requires a few steps UP to the front door. You’ll find a picnic table, your hot tub, and the shaded canopy of an avocado grove as you walk to your front door, all for your exclusive use. Although the 2-bedroom house is small, the landscaped outdoor areas provides everyone in your party a place to spread out and enjoy quiet time. Parking for up to 5 vehicles.
Romantic One Bedroom Mountain House with Hot Tub and Expansive View:
The original guest house here at Morning Song offers an expansive view of the environmentally protected valley below. Known for the coastal mists that come in from the distant coastline, as the crow flies 12 miles away; guests can often look down on wispy clouds as they pass through the valley from their perch in this big windowed, cliff side home. Unwind in the large hot-tub or whip up something tasty from the organic produce we provide in your efficient kitchen. This small, private house offers solitude amid the trees, with a view that gives a sense of being completely alone.
Outside dining area with hot tub in the patio garden attached to the home offers generous space for parties of two to four guests (two guests sleeping on FULL pull-out couch, linens provided.) Compact kitchen, living room with flat screen and a collection of DVD’s. Queen bed in bedroom, bathroom is en-suite, which means if someone is sleeping on the pull out FULL couch in the living room, they’ll have to enter the bedroom to access the bathroom. Excellent WiFi for your Netflix, and internet needs; no outside cable service. Parking for ONE car only.
Whimsical Escape with Fireplace, Hot Tub and View:
Quiet solitude meets whimsical artists’ hideaway. Beautiful, antique Queen bed, working fireplace (we supply firewood) small kitchen, and full-sized, pull out sofa coach offers room for up to 4 guests traveling together. (Please note that a full-sized pull out sofabed is not normally acceptable for two adults.) Flatscreen TV, and fast wifi. Table space to work on your laptop comfortably. Sink your toes into the sand, sun without the crowds! Nice view of the misty, treed canyon below. Excellent wifi for your Netflix and more; no outside cable service. Parking for ONE vehicle only.
Artistically renovated with a quiet, expansive view of our organic farm. Ascend the steps to your get-a-way, and look out over one of the best views on the farm, right at the entry way to your private get-a-way that occupies the first floor of the original, 3-family farmhouse. Peer out your kitchen window at our spoiled peacocks frolicking or pull up a lawn chair and soak up the sun while curling your toes into the river sand. Absolutely a great place to enjoy the sunset here! Four poster queen bed, living area with sleeper coach; with comfortable place to write, create or work on your laptop. A unique get-a-way, the spacious one bedroom property offers sweeping views and a restorative solitude that is hard to find within an hours’ drive of a large city. The space has a full bathroom with a unique mosaic shower and wine barrel sink. The well appointed kitchen includes all the essentials to cook a meal and plenty of small appliances.
All properties have their own designated parking spots. We encourage our guests to walk the roads of our farm and enjoy all that the quiet and greenery that our family farm has to offer. Guard alpacas Silverado and Dusty eagerly greet our guests as they drive in, and they hope you’ll stop to offer them their favorite treats. (Provided.) Not to be left out, their entire chicken flock will be right behind, also hoping for handouts.
There’s always someone on the farm, it’s easy to contact one of us if you have a need or inquiry. We’re eager to make your stay memorable! Consider booking an on-farm private Activity such as Cheese Making, Jam Making, or our very popular Ice Cream Activity.
Little known, even to San Diegans, Rainbow, California is adjacent to Fallbrook and is right off the I-15 freeway, yet our farm seems like it’s miles away from the city. Only a few minutes off the I-15, we’re freeway close. 40 minutes or so to Oceanside’s beautiful beaches and Carlsbad’s flower fields and Legoland, and an exit south of Temecula’s wine country tours, right in between San Diego and Los Angeles renowned attractions. Twenty-five minutes or so from Cal State San Marcos University, thirty-five minutes or so from San Diego Wild Animal Park in Escondido and a little over an hour to Seaworld and world famous Balboa Park. The local farmers’ market is on Saturday and is 15 minutes away in Old Town Temecula…a destination in itself. We’re one exit south of Temecula. Be sure to check out Temecula Olive Oil Company’s tasting bar if you find yourself in Old Town. Temecula has a number of vineyards eager to showcase their wines, wine country is one exit north of us (10-15 minutes) and if you book early enough, hot air ballooning is a local wine country favorite. We send a comprehensive Food Shopping Map as well as our signature Activity Guides with your reservation confirmation. There’s so much to do!
No public transportation, although there is an active Uber/Lyft community here.
Right in the center of Wine Country, the closest winery is walking distance, (Roadrunner Winery) while traveling either one exit south or one exit north gives you access to numerous winery and brewery options! The trail head to Southern California’s only year-round flowing river (Santa Margarita) is a short drive away in Fallbrook, and offers a mostly flat hike along its banks for guests of all ages. From February through end of summer, Kenny’s U-pick Strawberry farm is a local favorite, and is just down the road. And most days, balloon rides are available in nearby Temecula. People from all over Southern California make a day of visiting our family-friendly Rainbow Oaks Restaurant, and for a romantic evening out, a short distance further is Cork Fire Restaurant on the grounds of the Temecula Creek Inn.
Other Things to Note:
Smoking allowed outdoors in designated areas only. Hosted check in: 3:00-7:00, check out: 11:00. We are eager to offer flexible check in and check outs, if doing so does not interfere with another guests’ visit. Please, do ask. Everyone has different needs, we’re a small farm and can often work around your needs. No pets, ever.
Farmstay Check in/Check out, Rules and Policies:
It’s our hope that each and every guest takes away great memories and a renewed interest and appreciation of the value local farmers bring to their community.
Here’s our simple check out procedure:
- You don’t need to lock door as you check out. (Just leave key on hook.)
- Please leave the kitchen as you found it, see extra cost below if you’d like us to do your dishes.
- Check to see that you’ve gathered your belongings.
- You do not need to do typical cleaning, trash removal, or linen management like some vacation cabins require. We do it all!
- Check out is at 11:00 unless we’ve been able to offer late check out.
1, Our septic systems are not designed to manage baby wipes, plastics, diapers, condoms or tampons. Please dispose of these items in the trash.
2. Please drive carefully once on-farm, and observe signage.
3. Occasionally, we’ve observed some guests doing something that is inherently unsafe. Please do not go into the groves and pick up fruit off the grove floor for human consumption. Besides the fact that organic farms such as ours use manure as a fertilizer, snake season in the Western United States extends from April until the colder temperatures of December force them into hibernation. Our crew members enter the grove fully trained, and equipped with snake bite protection Kevlar to their knees. We would never task a crew member to pick fruit up off the ground because A) it’s not fit for human consumption, and B) there is no way to protect one’s face and hands while doing so. We ask that all guests stay on the roads while hiking the farm for their own protection.
4. Please don’t enter any barn or corral without a crew member to assure we have no escapees.
5. Do not arrive with or invite unregistered guests to our farm to visit or stay. Our liability policy extends to registered guests only from check-in to check-out only.
6. No indoors smoking or vaping/ huka so that we can offer a smoke-free environment to our many non-smoking and allergy-sensitive guests. As much as it would be a convenience to walk around the farm lit; it’s a fire hazard. Please smoke in designated area only. We have provided large, sand-filled buckets for butts in outdoor sitting areas
7. California is a legal marijuana state. Please use the privilege afforded by the State of California’s voters responsibly on our farm and abide by all State laws. Traditional pharmacies and a trusted local dispensary are listed in our guidebook. At least one dispensary we’re aware of delivers right to your door here.
8. To keep our Farmstay affordable, we have a small cleaning fee, please leave your kitchen tidy when you check out. We do not expect vacationing guests to do normal housekeeping duties, indeed, we don’t even provide cleaning supplies, but we do expect the kitchen to be left as you find it, and will charge you $50 if we have to do your dishes to compensate the person who has to do them for you.
9. You can’t use our farm address to mail or ship items to yourself or in care of Morning Song Farm. The post office doesn’t deliver to us here, and UPS/FED EX doesn’t do door delivery either; so they will return to sender.
10. No hair or clothing dying on farm premises. You agree to pay the costs to restore damaged tile, grout and stone if you use hair or fabric dye and we have to have restoration work done to fix it, as well as the cost to replace linens that are ruined. Dye dyes! It does not come out with scrubbing or laundering. Please don’t do it. There are numerous hair salons and laundromats in the vicinity.
11. We are generous in the amount of our in-season fruit that we stock in your kitchen for your arrival. Do not pick/steal/gather additional fruit from our groves, as we are a working farm, our fruit is our primary income source and we do not have u-pick insurance. We provide an order form to each guest of everything that is available that day, including our beautiful raw, unfiltered honey, rainbow eggs and organic fruit in season. Please text us what, if anything, you’d like by midnight on the eve before your check out so that our crew has time to harvest and assemble your order before your departure in the morning. We sincerely appreciate your order. Thanks!