Click here for our: Reservation Form, we update our calendars at least once daily!
We do not automatically charge your card when you enter “accept.” We’ll will make sure your dates are available before charging your card to avoid disappointment.
We’re excited to welcome guests to our unique farmstay experience and send out our comprehensive area Activity Guide with your Reservation Confirmation.
Tucked in the hills of San Diego, our organic subtropical farm is a great centrally located getaway destination. We have three homes on our 20 acre farm to choose from. The first is our one-bedroom, Romantic Farmstay with Hot tub, and spans the bottom half of the main farmhouse. This 4-room, one-bedroom suite has it’s own entrance and is completely separate from the main farmhouse. Relax in your own hot tub and enjoy the quiet and amazing view! The second is our two-bedroom Farmstay Bungalow with hot tub. The house is nestled in an old growth avocado grove and has its own miniature chicken barn for gathering your morning eggs.
The third property is our Romantic Mountain House and is our newest offering. It’s the original guest house of the farm here, and is perched on a hillside with expansive views. This 3-room small guesthouse has a functional kitchen with an undercounter refrigerator/freezer, a Queen size 4 poster bed in the master bedroom and a full sized sofa sleeper. The adjoining patio offers a large hot tub, and a dining table that overlooks the splendid view of the valley below.
If you live in the city, you may be surprised at the majestic night sky. Many come here with plans to go into nearby Fallbrook or Temecula for dinner, and end up cancelling their plans to just enjoy the quiet and solitude that our farm offers. Consider saving your money and dining in! Your kitchen is stocked with fresh salad fixings, breakfast items, and staples such as rice, (with rice cooker), sugar, farm fresh rainbow eggs, coffee (both regular and decaf), cream, bottled water and a local red wine.
Meet our herd of Nigerian dairy goats! They’re delighted to meet visitors, and are gentle and friendly. Join us when we tend to them each afternoon between 3:00 and 4:00. Our pair of alpacas have taken up the important duty of guarding our flock of chickens, and will greet you as you enter the farm from the fence line of their enclosure.
Accommodations: choose from one of our three properties: One Bedroom properties or our Two Bedroom Property. Each is unique. Check in is between 3:00-8:00. Check out is at 12:00 noon.
Romantic One Bedroom with private hot tub:
Single bedroom with queen bed, large walk-in closet, cozy living room and beautiful limestone bathroom with all the basics waiting for your arrival. Completely private with a full, albeit small; vintage kitchen off the living room. Our 1952 Chambers stove is a joy to work with. Full size refrigerator stocked with organic breakfast items, bottled water, snacks and beautiful organic produce from our farm. Flat screen TV (no outside TV service) with dvd, a collection of movies, and fast wifi. Coffee maker with coffee, toaster, microwave waiting for your enjoyment. Hot tub for your private use just steps from your door. Efficient mini-split heating and air conditioning system gives you control of your environment.
Beautiful Two Bedroom Bungalow with private hot tub, picket-fenced chicken garden, outdoor picnic area:
Our two bedroom farmstay unit has a queen bed in the master bedroom, and a full bed in the second bedroom, and a Queen sofa sleeper in the living room. Interact to your heart’s content with this unit’s very own chickens eager for your treats and pets. Enjoy the shade sails and conversation area just steps from your back door. Eat in the small kitchen, or outside under the shade and enjoy the view and gentle, subtropical breezes. Full size refrigerator stocked with breakfast items, bottled water, snacks and fresh organic produce from our farm. Flat screen TV’s in the living room and secondary bedroom. Family-friendly movie collection for your enjoyment. Coffee maker with coffee, toaster, microwave waiting for your family’s use. Efficient mini-split heating and air conditioning system gives you control of your environment. Sleeps four adults, a maximum five occupancy. Full kitchen, living room, outdoor seating area and your own chicken barn! The picket-fenced garden includes housing for your miniature, tame chickens. Feed them your vegetarian dinner scraps to augment their regular organic diet. Washer and dryer unit housed in an adjacent outdoor building for your exclusive use. Parking is right to the path of this two bedroom home. Entry requires a few steps UP to the front door. You’ll find an umbrella-shaded picnic table, your hot tub, and the shaded canopy of an avocado grove as you walk to your front door, all for your exclusive use. Although the 2-bedroom house is small, the landscaped outdoor areas provides everyone in your party a place to spread out and enjoy quiet time.
Romantic One Bedroom Mountain House with Hottub and View
The original guest house here at Morning Song offers an expansive view of the environmentally protected valley below. Known for the coastal mists that come in from the beaches.as the crow flies 12 miles away, guests can often look down on wispy clouds as they pass through the valley from their perch in this big windowed, cliff side home.
Unwind in the large hot tub or whip up something tasty from the organic produce we provide in your efficient kitchen. This small, private house offers privacy amid the trees, with a view that gives a sense of being completely alone. Outside dining area with hot tub in the patio garden attached to the home offers generous space for parties of two to four guests (two guests sleeping on FULL pull-out couch, linens provided.) Compact kitchen, living room with flat screen and a collection of DVD’s. Queen bed in bedroom, bathroom is ensuite, which means if someone is sleeping on the pull out FULL couch in the living room, they’ll have to enter the bedroom to access the bathroom. Excellent wifi for your netflix and more; no outside cable service.
Bird watching, interacting with our friendly, miniature Nigerian goats, and our fluffy alpacas. All our hooved livestock appreciate a granola bar or other crunchy treat; especially Carl the Criminal, above left.
Our gentle miniature goats will eat almost anything, even your wallet. Carl the herd leader currently owes me $40. We offer a hands on, 2 hour long beginning cheese making class for anyone interested in your group, maximum of 4 students per session as well as our fun Hand Cranked Ice Cream class that’s great for all ages. (Please order when placing your reservation so that we can schedule properly.) Bring bicycles and enjoy the many miles of dirt roads. Walk the fruit groves. Many guests come for such a
Little known, even to San Diegans, Rainbow, California is adjacent to Fallbrook and is right off the I-15 freeway, yet our farm seems like it’s miles away from the city. Only a few minutes off the I-15, we’re freeway close. 40 minutes or so to Oceanside’s beautiful beaches and Carlsbad’s flower fields and Legoland, and an exit south of Temecula’s wine country tours, right in between San Diego and Los Angeles renowned attractions. Twenty-five minutes or so from Cal State San Marcos University, thirty-five minutes or so from San Diego Wild Animal Park in Escondido and a little over an hour to Seaworld and world famous Balboa Park. The local farmers’ market is on Saturday and is 15 minutes away in Old Town Temecula…a destination in itself. We’re one exit south of Temecula. Be sure to check out Temecula Olive Oil Company’s tasting bar if you find yourself in Old Town. Temecula has a number of vineyards eager to showcase their wines, wine country is one exit north of us (10-15 minutes) and if you book early enough, hot air ballooning is a local wine country favorite. We send a comprehensive Food Shopping Map as well as our signature Activity Guides with your reservation confirmation. There’s so much to do!
No public transportation, although there is an active Uber/Lyft community here.
Other Things To Note
Please smoke out doors in designated areas only. Check in: 3:00, check out: 12:00. We are eager to offer flexible check in and check outs, if doing so does not interfere with another guests’ visit. Please, do ask. Everyone has different needs, we’re a small farm and can often work around your needs.
House Rules and Cancellation Policy
Full refund minus actual credit card transaction fees if cancelled within 30 days of check-in date. 50% refund minus actual credit card fees if cancelled within 14 days of check-in date, unless we are able to rebook. If we rebook your cancellation we will refund in full, minus transaction fees. No refund if cancelled less than 2 weeks before reservation check-in date, again…unless we are able to rebook. Our very reasonable rates are based on our policies, please don’t ask us to ignore our stated cancellation policy.
- By confirming a reservation you are acknowledging that you have read and agree to our House Rules below.
- Sorry, but no guest animals, we have enough of our own here, and it’s a carefully crafted balance!
- Please drive carefully once on-farm, there are some blind corners.
- If you’d like to interact with the chickens, alpacas, or goats, let us introduce you and show you how to keep barn doors secure. Bring granola bars, says Carl the Goat Herd Leader. 🙂
- Our cats are farm crew members and keep the pest population down. Please don’t allow any inside. They’ll may tell you they’re allowed in, that’s just not so.
- Do not arrive with or invite unregistered guests to our farm to visit or stay. Our farmstay liability policy extends to registered guests only.
- We are farmers and keep farmers’ hours. If this is your first visit to Morning Song Farm, please plan to check-in no later than 8:00 p.m., or discuss and confirm self-check in alternatives before making a reservation. If you are a returning guest and would like a late-night check-in, please let us know and we’ll arrange for a no-fuss self check-in. After check-in, we assume our guests will come and go as they please. There is no problem at all with coming in late during your stay, as the farmstay unit is totally separate from everyone else’s here.
- No indoors smoking or vaping/ huka so that we can offer a smoke-free environment to our many non-smoking and allergy-sensitive guests. As much as it would be a convenience to walk around the farm lit; it’s a fire hazard. Please smoke in designated area only. We have provided a large, red, sand-filled bucket for butts in the sitting area by the front door.
- California is a Medical Marijuana State and soon a Recreational Marijuana State. Please use the privilege afforded by the State of California’s’ voters, responsibly on our farm and abides by all State laws. Local dispensaries deliver ONLY to those with prescriptions. Traditional pharmacies and a trusted local dispensary are listed in our guidebook.
- To keep our Farmstay affordable, we have have small cleaning fees, please leave your kitchen as you will find it.
- Please do not mail or ship items to yourself or in care of Morning Song Farm…using our farm address. The post office doesn’t deliver to us here, either; so they will return to sender.
- Maximum occupancy in our Two Bedroom Farmstay with Hot Tub unit is six total; this listing welcomes children. Maximum occupancy in our One Bedroom Farmstay with Hot Tub is 2 adults. This listing does not accept children. Maximum occupancy is our Mountain House listing is 4 people.
- We are generous in the amount of our fruit and veggies that we stock in your kitchen for your arrival. Do not pick/steal additional fruit from our groves, as we are a working farm, our fruit is our primary income source. We provide an order form upon request for our beautiful raw, unfiltered honey, rainbow eggs and organic produce if you’d like to purchase more at the end of your stay as a gift or for personal use. Our gift basket/honey, eggs, produce/cheese making class order form: Click here.